Depending on the settings, a handling fee may be applied by default for medicine items. Depending on the handling fee settings, you may be able to change the selection.
- Item dialogue: When you add a medicine during a consultation or to a counter sale, the handling fee is shown in the medicine dialogue in the Handling fee field. If allowed, you select whether to apply the handling fee or not by using the Apply handling fee checkbox.
- Bundles: When adding items from a bundle, you can select whether to apply the handling fee by using the Add handling fee checkbox if allowed in the settings. To view the handling fee, hover over the i icon of the Add handling fee checkbox.
- Treatment plans: When adding planned treatments for a patient, you can decide if you want to use the handling fee. You can also select if you want to apply the handling fee only once for the plan, once a day, or for every repetition. Select the option you want to use from the Handling fee drop-down list in the treatment plan options.
- Treatment estimates: When adding a medicine item to a treatment estimate, you can select whether to include the handling fee by using the Apply handling fee checkbox. When adding items from the treatment estimate to a consultation, it is still possible to change the selection if allowed in the handling fee settings.
- Alternative pricing: When setting up alternative prices for medicine items, you can decide if you want to include the handling fee to the alternative price using the Use extra fees option.
If an injection fee is defined in the medicine item settings, it is always automatically applied when the medicine is added in a consultation. You cannot change the selection.