You can add an injection fee to medicine items to cover the cost of administering the medicine to a patient. An injection fee can only be applied to administered medicines. For administered medicines, you can use a handling fee and an injection fee in combination.
To define the general settings and default fee options, go to Settings > Department > Handling and injection fees.
1. Define how you want the injection fee to be calculated.
In Injection fee type, select the option you want to use:
- Fixed fee: Select this option if you want to use a single, set fee that does not depend on the used quantity.
Unit-based fee: Select this option if you want the fee to be calculated based on the used quantity.
Injection fee is $5.00 and unit price is $0.10.
5 mLs QTY is administered.
$5 fee x 5 mLs QTY = $25 + 5 mLs QTY x $0.10 = $0.50
2. Decide if you want to use a default injection fee.
If you selected the fixed fee option in the previous step, you can add a default injection fee in the Default injection fee field.
When a default fee is defined, you can select in the individual medicine item settings if you want to use the default injection fee or add the item its own injection fee.
3. Define how you want the injection fee to be added to invoices.
From the Injection fee method drop-down list, select the option you want to use:
Add fee as a separate row on the invoice: Select this option if you want to add the injection fee as a separate item on the invoice. For most flexibility on reports, it is recommended to add the injection fee as a separate row.
- In the Injection fee item field, select the item that will be used on the invoice for the injection fee (the price of this item will not affect the fee).
- Include fee in medicine price: Select this option if you want to include the injection fee in the medicine price and not show it as a separate item on the invoice. Note that if the injection fee is added to the medicine price, it will have the same VAT as the medicine.
3. Define the injection fee settings for individual medicine items.
- Go to Settings > Items & Lists > Items.
- Add a new medicine item or open the item you want to edit.
- On the General tab, select the Default usage method and add other relevant information for the item.
- On the Stock and Pricing tab, add the injection fee.
- If a default injection fee is in use and you want to use it, select the Use default injection fee checkbox. Otherwise, add the injection fee in the Injection fee field.
- Add other relevant information on the Stock and Pricing tab and save the item.